This 3-hour beginners course is designed to give you a solid foundation into digital videography, regardless of whether you are interested in getting into corporate video, documentaries, wedding videography, narrative filmmaking, music videos or vlogging. What you take away from the class can be equally applied to filming on a smartphone, point-and-shoot camera, DSLR or more high-end equipment.
Lassi has a M.A. in Screen Project Development and has spent 15+ years working across short film, indie docs and commercial video content for large multinational brands.
We will cover timeless aspects of film theory, run through some practical demonstrations of low-budget equipment setup, and most importantly focus on your personal development - giving you the confidence to shape a story from concept to finished product.
What you will learn:
- Digital videography fundamentals (Aperture / ISO / shutter speed / frame rate)
- Aspect ratios and resolutions
- Lenses and depth of field
- Composition and framing
- Cinematic rules and movement
- Lighting fundamentals
- Narrative differences between film / corporate / vlogs
- Crafting a story
- Pre-production: planning a shoot
- Shooting for the edit
- Post-production: The language of editing
- Opportunities: How to make money and art with your new skillset